- Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say. Anon
- You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in people than you can make in two years trying to get people interested in you.
- Friendship is like sound health – its value is seldom known until it’s lost.
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends whom we choose. Chinese
- Thy friend has a friend, and thy friend’s friend has a friend, so be discreet. Talmud
From the Bible:
- John 15:14 You are My friends if you do what I command.
- John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.
- Proverbs 17:9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.